List of Activities being Undertaken
List of activities being under taken by District administration under ODOP initiative:
- Mango area expansion with suitable varieties for processing ie Totapuri, Alphanso, Lalbhahar and Neelum under Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture (MIDH).
- Rejuvenation of old and senile gardens to increase productivity from existing gardens.
- Promotion of micro irrigation with 90% subsidy for small and marginal farmers to increase the new area and sustainability of existing Mango gardens.
- Quality improvement by introduction of fruit fly traps, improved harvesters and fruit covers.
- Organization of training programmes to the farmers on latest cultural practices and production enhancement activities.
- Awareness on adoption of staggered harvesting to improve the quality of the pulp and productivity of the garden.
- Provided assistance on packing material, Distribution of plastic crates, establishment of pack houses to reduce post harvest losses.
- Support to the farmers on procurement of plant protection equipment with 50% assistance under MIDH.
- Promotion of collection centres through FPOs for collection of raw material and supply to the processing units to avoid middle men and for better realization of market price.
- Meeting with processing units and farmers for better market regulation and price realization during the season.
- Meeting with exporters, traders and retailers to create awareness on better avenues in marketing and govt support.
- Establishment and utilization of integrated pack house and vapor heat treatment for Mango fresh fruit export to the countries like South Koria, Newzeland, Australia, UK etc.